List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE 2.2 Beta1: No icons with 8bpp PseudoColor displays.
From:       Ian Reinhart Geiser <geiseri () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2001-06-29 16:57:40

On Friday June 29, 2001 6:14 am, Thomas Leitner wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I notice that there are no icons displayed when running KDE 2.2 Beta1
> on a display with 8 bit PseudoColor visuals. There are no icons on the
> desktop and no icons in kicker. The console spits out a lot of "cannot
> convert QImage from NULL Pixmap" or similar message. Also when using the
> control center, the icon-settings tab does not list any icon sizes.
>
> Any idea anyone where to fix this?
>
> Thanks // Tom
I get the same thing on my Dec terminal.  I think it comes from the lack of
8bit icons....

I know it only pleases about 1% of the population but is it possible to add
in 8bit and 1bit icons...  I have a few Xterms I enjoy using KDE on still. i
know 8 and 1bit color  is useless on the latest wizbang hardware but it still
would be nice to use hardware that is still bootable :)

cheers
-ian reinhart geiser

--
Fortune for the day: