List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Patch to add direct FTP proxy support in kio_ftp
From:       Michael Goffioul <goffioul () imec ! be>
Date:       2001-06-28 9:48:04

> The other problem is that the KProtocolManager patch is well wrong for luck of better
> words.  We currently do not allow per-host proxy settings.  The proxy settings are
> global and the actual method you want to change is KProtocolManager::slaveProtocol().

Oh, and I forgot to mention that my patch doesn't use a per-host proxy settings.
The only per-host FTP setting was added by David to disable passive mode, but it
seems to be changed now. The FTP proxy settings are stored in the default section
of the ftp ioslave config file. See the "QString::null" in the calls to
KIO::SlaveConfig::configData().

Michael.