List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE 2.2. Runs great. Ready for beta ?
From:       Matthias Posseldt <matthi () gmx ! li>
Date:       2001-06-26 21:47:42

--- On Monday 25 June 2001 21:32, Stefan Gehn wrote:
[...]
> > Hmm, one big problem at least on my system are the crashing
> > nspluginviewers. Is this a problem just I have? The pluginviewer usually
> > crashes on exit. In Netscape, the plugins work well.
>
> I got the same problem and I know some others who have exactly the same
> experience. I already started some debugging on it but never was able to
> find out why it crashes.
> This problem is quite old now but still nobody has found a solution for it
> :(

/me has the problem no longer. I finally updated to qt 2.3.1 (after
recompiling gcc 2.95.3 with patch [atexit flaw]), and this solved my
problems. Did tests with flash, and nothing crashed any longer. I assume
that's a qt < 2.3.1 error, since Troll mentioned browser plugin fixes in
their announcement.

Ciao, Matthias
--

Go Open Source and build software that doesn't crash even when it's hit
       by an U.S. Navy submarine piloted by rich civilians.