List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Quanta
From:       Waldo Bastian <bastian () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-06-24 1:52:03

On Saturday 23 June 2001 04:24 pm, Eric Laffoon wrote:
> Gee Waldo, you really nailed that one. Now I know why you're the release
> coordinator. ;-)

*mumble*mumble* the job-description didn't mention that you had to be psychic
as well *mumble*

> As best I can guess that looks like it's on my calendar somewhere between
> impending motivation meeting free time and the terrifying onset of feature
> freeze confronting feature creep. Seriously, at this time we are evaluating
> a lot to lay out a plan of action. Right now I would have to say the
> chances are somewhere between 0% and 100% ;-)

See, now you see for yourself how hard that is! :-)

> In other words I'll have to get back to you on that after 2.2 release.
> (That I can put on my calendar) Thanks for asking though and putting that
> on my list of things to evaluate.

Yes, I mean 2.2 isn't even released so it's a bit premature to plan 2.3
already. And the idea is that the releases follow the code, so if everyone
starts to think for him/herself what he/she would like to finish before 2.3
then we can sit together by the time 2.2 has been released and try to come up
with an estimate of how much time 2.3 is going to need and when the next
release should be.

Cheers,
Waldo
--
As a first step to embrace the GPL,
Microsoft now too has added ideological statements to its EULA.