List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Quanta
From:       Eric Laffoon <sequitur () easystreet ! com>
Date:       2001-06-23 23:24:00

On Saturday 23 June 2001 03:08 pm, Waldo Bastian wrote:

> > What is the estimated release date (and feature freeze date) of 2.3
> > again?
>
> Euhm.... no idea.. something like 4 months after 2.2 gets released I guess.
>  (+/- 2 months) and then you have feature freeze 4 to 8 weeks before that.
>
> So if you do the math that means feature freeze is about 2.5 months +/- 2.5
>  months after the release of KDE 2.2. Or in other words, most likely
> somewhere this year.
>
> Cheers,
> Waldo

Gee Waldo, you really nailed that one. Now I know why you're the release
coordinator. ;-)

As best I can guess that looks like it's on my calendar somewhere between
impending motivation meeting free time and the terrifying onset of feature
freeze confronting feature creep. Seriously, at this time we are evaluating a
lot to lay out a plan of action. Right now I would have to say the chances
are somewhere between 0% and 100% ;-)

In other words I'll have to get back to you on that after 2.2 release. (That
I can put on my calendar) Thanks for asking though and putting that on my
list of things to evaluate.

Cheers
--
Eric Laffoon                    sequitur@kde.org
A member of the Quanta+ Web development team