List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: liquid
From:       Craig Drummond <cpdrummond () freeuk ! com>
Date:       2001-06-21 9:03:53

Hi,

> > Well, I've downloaded it, and I'm going to see if I can fix some of
the
> > outstanding bugs Mosfet has mentioned in the docs.  If I can, I'll
make a
> > release.
> >
> > Since Mosfet claims to have left "linux," I take it to mean we can'
t count
> > on any more development from him.
> I looking to make it more like Aqua for my one use
> Mathieu

I fixed a couple of bugs in the version I downloaded, these were:

1. When you select an menu bar entry (say "Window" in konqueror") and
move to the menu bar entry to the left - if the new menu overlaps where
the old menu was, then instead of seeing the bkscground you see a
stipped grey effect. I ficed this by adding a call to kapp->
processEvents() in TransMEnuHandler::eventFilter(..), as the first line
in the if(ev->type()==QEvent::Show)

2. With tabbed dialogs - when a tab is selected the text in the label
moves 1 pixel higher than the rest, but the tab itslef reamins the same
height. To "fix" this in LiquidStyle::drawTab, in each call to
drawPixmap, or drawTiledPixmap, I modified they r.y() entireis to be "
selected ? "r.y() : r.y()+1"

Also, the kwin style will work for KDE2.1x - you just need to add a
call to create_pixmaps() (?) to the allocate() function.

I sent these to mosft, but got no reply...

Ciao

Craig.