List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: kmail
From:       Nils Holland <nils () nightcastleproductions ! org>
Date:       2001-06-20 19:25:17

On Wednesday 20 June 2001 18:51, David Faure wrote:
> On Thursday 21 June 2001 01:46, Andreas Henningsson wrote:
> > is it possible to start the kmail composer outside of kmail? .. if I
> > onlyshould writea mail it not nesecery to start kmail.
>
> kmail --composer

Reading this, the following came to my mind: It seems that when I click on a
mailto-link in a webpage (for example), the composer opens. When I click on
"send" in the composer window, the message gets placed in KMail's outbox *if
MMail itself is not running*. If do the same (clicking on a mailto-link)
*while kMail is running* the newly composed message is sent automatically.
That happens even though I have the option "default send method" to "send
now" set in the kMail configuration.
I think this behavior was different in the KMail included with KDE 2.1.1.

Can someone verify this behavior or have I messed something up here? As I
said above, if it's not my mistake, then "default send methor -> send now"
should send my mail immediately, no matter if only the composer or the whole
KMail program is open.

Comments?!?

Greetings
Nils

Nils Holland - nils@nightcastleproductions.org
NightCastle Productions - Linux in Tiddische, Germany
http://www.nightcastleproductions.org
"They asked me where this earthquake would begin,
 I offered to let them feel my pulse."