List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: K-Menu: Now you see it, now you don't
From:       Nils Holland <nils () nightcastleproductions ! org>
Date:       2001-06-20 19:14:11

On Wednesday 20 June 2001 19:06, Matthias Elter wrote:
> On Wednesday 20 June 2001 17:49, Nils Holland wrote:
> > Folks,
> >
> > I think there's an inconsistency with the KMenu. If it can also be found
> > in your version of KDE (mine is CVS from last Saturday), then these easy
> > steps will show you what I mean:
> >
> > 1) Klick on the K-Menu so that it opens up. Now click somewhere on your
> > desktop. The K-Menu is closed again, just as I would expect it to do.
> >
> > -BUT-
> >
> > 2) Open the K-Menu and select some subcategory (for example "Internet").
> > Once the subcategory menu has opened, click on your desktop again. Does
> > the K-Menu close? No, it doesn't!
>
> It does here?!

That's probably why the subject of this message is "now you see it, now you
don't". No, seriously: I'm glad to see that you are not experiencing this
problem. However, here it *does* occour. When I open the K-Menu and open some
sub-menu, I can go ahead marking text in this eMail message without it
closing (and I didn't make the menu "sticky" so that it intentionally remains
opened).

If anyone else has seen this weird behavior, I'd be glad to hear about it.
Otherwise, I'm going to see if the behavior is still the same after my next
CVS update (on Saturday). If so, I'll probably have a deeper look at it, for
example by moving all my KDE-config files and dirs away for a moment and
starting from scratch. Probably I have some weird settings here. Since nobody
could confirm my observations, it seems as if it's actually a bug in the
code, and that'S a good thing ;-)

Greetings
Nils