List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: New CVSup mirror
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2001-06-20 15:39:45

On Wednesday 20 June 2001 18:31, Milo Hyson wrote:
> I'm not sure if this is an acceptable place to announce such a thing, but it
> seemed logical. I fired an email off to webmaster@kde.org as instructed a
> few days ago but haven't heard back. Feel free to yell at me if I'm out of
> line here.
>
> In any case, a few days ago I put the finishing touches on a new CVSup
> mirror of KDE (see info below). This server was on the mirror list about a
> year ago and seemed to be quite popular, but was taken offline due to
> internal company politics. Now that I'm the sole owner of the company,
> nobody is getting rid of it damnit! :)

LOL :))

> The server updates its copy of the repository every night at midnight
> Pacific time (GMT-7/8). Update status information is available at
> http://mirrors.cyberlifelabs.com.
>
> And now for the info:
>
> 	Hostname:    kde.cyberlifelabs.com
> 	Location:    Northern California, USA
> 	Contact:     Milo Hyson (milo@cyberlifelabs.com)
> 	Max Clients: 50

Excellent !!
Glad to have you back !
Many thanks.
Added to the webpage.

PS: maybe you could provide anoncvs access with the same server ?
I don't know what users think, but IMHO anoncvs is much nicer than cvsup
(easier partial updates, access to logs and diffs, easier switching to
real CVS - ah, but harder switching between mirrors).

--
Per his initials, God was simply a "Great Oop Developer" (Richard Bos)