List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE and Gcc 3.0
From:       Pavel Troller <patrol () sinus ! cz>
Date:       2001-06-19 18:49:41

> > Compile time is slower, I would say 150-200 % of GCC 2.95.1
>
> Don't the GCC folks on their website say something about FASTER compilation?
> Maybe they are referring to C code only and not C++. However, compilation
> time is not really the most important issue, as long as compiling itself is
> possible at all...

Hi!
  Does anybody already compared the speed of the compiled code (i.e. KDE) when
compiled by 2.9x versus 3.0 ? I would eventually also test 3.0 but only if I
gain something from it, and the performance is one of remaining issues, which,
especially on slow machines, still prevents many users from switching to KDE...

                                        With regards, Pavel Troller