List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE and Gcc 3.0
From:       Denis Perchine <dyp () perchine ! com>
Date:       2001-06-19 5:06:40

On Tuesday 19 June 2001 05:28, Stefan Westerfeld wrote:

> Well, my view of this is that the way gcc3 breaks aRts (by miscompiling
> code using virtual inheritance) makes it extremely unlikely that working
> around the issue by changing the aRts code is a good idea (it might even be
> completely impossible). It's also a regression against previous versions of
> GCC (i.e. 2.95.2 compiles virtual inheritance just fine). The bug is
> reported to the gcc developers, as
>
>   c++/3145: virtual inheritance still creates wrong code
>
> and I hope that it will get fixed there soon.

If I am not mistaken it was fixed (maybe partially) on 14th June:

    2001-06-14  Nathan Sidwell  <nathan@codesourcery.com>

        * class.c (dfs_accumulate_vtbl_inits): For case 2 & 3, make sure
        we've not emerged from the hierarchy of RTTI_BINFO on reaching
        a non-virtual base.

    2001-06-14  Nathan Sidwell  <nathan@codesourcery.com>

        * g++.old-deja/g++.abi/vbase8-9.C: New test.

--
Sincerely Yours,
Denis Perchine