List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Patch and questions
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2001-06-18 18:00:27

On Monday 18 June 2001 20:42, Anatoli Gorchetchnikov wrote:
> Hi guys!
>
> 1. Kparts do set caption in openURL, but don't do it in saveAs.
> If it is a bug, then here is oneline patch for 2_1_BRANCH
> attached. Seems to be applicable to 2.2 also.

Sounds good, applied, thanks.

> 2. If you think that building "sure you wanna overwrite?" query
> in KFileDialog::getSaveURL() is a good idea, I will do it.

That would require to remove this warning from all the applications
that currently have it. IMHO it would have been a good idea at
pre-KDE-2.0 time, but it's far too late now. Maybe for 3.0 ?
Or maybe optionnal. I'll let the kfile hackers decide ;)

> 3. Is it possible for user to install standalone KDE app outside
> the main KDE tree? If so, what do I need to do to ensure that
> app still find all it's resources?

You need to add the prefix to /etc/kderc, for instance.
[Directories]
prefixes=/the/prefix/you/used/for/your/app

> 4. Is there way not to pass --private to kdoc from KDevelop? Or
> should I just tag @internal every private member?
No idea :)

--
Per his initials, God was simply a "Great Oop Developer" (Richard Bos)