List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE and Gcc 3.0
From:       Roberto Teixeira <maragato () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-06-18 18:51:44

Em Segunda 18 Junho 2001 15:39, Harri Porten escreveu:
> On Mon, 18 Jun 2001, Roberto Teixeira wrote:
> >
> > They released GCC 3.0 today AFAIK. Not a beta or something similar, but
> > the actual final release.
> >
> > Haven't got the time to check it yet, though. But I am sure looking
> > forward to see if it will be really faster (gcc is *so* slow...)
>
> Did they say so ? Or do you do you refer to the speed of the executable.
> Unless something dramatically changed during the last 4 days I wouldn't
> hold my breath regarding the speed of gcc itself.

Hi Harri,

as I said, I haven't taken a loot at it yet and I confess I was not following
its development either, so everything from me is mere "hearsay". Anyway, I
was told by a friend that compile times would fall to about a third of
current times.

I don't know if it's true, but that would *so* nice.

--
Roberto Teixeira, maragato@conectiva.com, maragato@kde.org
Conectiva Linux (http://www.conectiva.com)