List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: [Possibly slightly OT] KDE development
From:       Igor Gilitschenski <igi-g () gmx ! net>
Date:       2001-06-18 17:55:47

Hi,

On Mon, Jun 18, 2001 at 04:23:50PM +0100, Chris Howells wrote:
> I'm sorry if this is slightly off topic, but I'm not aware of a more
> relevant place for advice.
>
> I'd really like to start doing work on KDE development.
>
> However, do I *need* to learn C++ first, and then start learning Qt and KDE?
>
> Or can I just work through David Sweet's KDE 2 Development, without
> working my way through a C++ first?
On the one hand I'm the worng person to reply to this, since I'm also
new to KDE devwelopment. On the other hand I have/had the same problems
as you.
I've started with Qt about one year ago. I wa surprised it was really
easy. After several months I saw the Source of a KDE Application.
I undestood nearly evrything, since many KDE Classes are inherited from
Qt.
So learning Qt will surely give you a great start,

Igor
--
"Sie Wirklichkeit ist nicht die Wahrheit"
- Realitaetspinzip, 1983, Erich Fried