Hi, On Mon, Jun 18, 2001 at 04:23:50PM +0100, Chris Howells wrote: > I'm sorry if this is slightly off topic, but I'm not aware of a more > relevant place for advice. > > I'd really like to start doing work on KDE development. > > However, do I *need* to learn C++ first, and then start learning Qt and KDE? > > Or can I just work through David Sweet's KDE 2 Development, without > working my way through a C++ first? On the one hand I'm the worng person to reply to this, since I'm also new to KDE devwelopment. On the other hand I have/had the same problems as you. I've started with Qt about one year ago. I wa surprised it was really easy. After several months I saw the Source of a KDE Application. I undestood nearly evrything, since many KDE Classes are inherited from Qt. So learning Qt will surely give you a great start, Igor -- "Sie Wirklichkeit ist nicht die Wahrheit" - Realitaetspinzip, 1983, Erich Fried >> Visit http://master.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to unsubscribe <<