List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: [Possibly slightly OT] KDE development
From:       Chris Howells <chris () chrishowells ! co ! uk>
Date:       2001-06-18 16:59:39

Thanks a lot for all the other replys (I won't waste bandwidth by
replying individually) -- the ideas have been all taken on board :)

Martijn Klingens wrote:

> Without C++ knowledge that book might be too heavy. You can work through it
> and understand most, but it isn't impossible that you encounter details that
> you don't understand but that are still important.

OK, good idea :)

I did start reading a C++ book a while ago, but stopped due to a lack of
time. I got a bit of a way though it, but I think I will have forgotten
most of that now.

I only got to the first chapter, so I don't know much more than a couple
of "cin"s and "cout"s ;)

> I think you'll have better luck trying to work through Qt's tutorials,
> because those are more basic. If you can understand what those do, try the
> Development Book. Otherwise, take a step back and learn basic C++.

Yeah, from everybody's comments, I think taking a look at plain C++
would be the best route. I might not finish the book, although I think I
need to learn loads more about classes, inheritance, pointers, oop, and
that kind of thing.

> Good luck!

I'll need it! Thanks :)

--