List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Removal of Pixie?
From:       Neil Stevens <neil () qualityassistant ! com>
Date:       2001-06-17 0:38:44

On Sunday 17 June 2001 04:47 am, mosfet wrote:
> Uhm, hate to give you a clue check but all my code is BSD licensed,
> hardly "Windows shareware-style". It's not unreasonable for developers
> to choose what is the primary repository for their code.

And I thank you for using such a great license.

I just think it's unfortunate that you don't seem to have understood the
consequences of using that license.  If you're uncomfortable with people
other than you making releases of the software, you shouldn't have applied
that license.

As it is, you're a victim of your success.  You've written code good
enough that we don't want to give it up.  We want to continue to have it
in KDE.  If you won't maintain it in KDE, we'll have no choice but to fork
it.  We're just lucky you chose a license that makes that easy.

--
Neil Stevens
neil@qualityassistant.com