List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE PIM Roadmap (Call to action)
From:       "Adriaan de Groot" <adridg () sci ! kun ! nl>
Date:       2001-06-14 23:04:03

Hi Mirko,

Those are indeed valuable lessons. There's actually three -- no, four --
levels of project going on at once:

1) Getting cruft out of KPilot and making it more DCOPish [BTW, Kruft would
be a great KDE project name but I can't think of what functionality it should
have :) It's also a town near Trier.]

2) Getting a multi-device sync architecture working, ie. getting KPilot and
Kandy to work together in a sensible fashion.

3) Getting a full KDE PIM Server architecture into place, for one local user.

4) Also doing this for groupware, eg. something eks-like (?).

I'm filling kde-pim and kpilot-list with diagrams or possible architectures
at these levels.

As for security, we're just going to have to go to Toronto and learn the
basics from pmax, I guess.