List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: High performance liquid screenshots
From:       Alan Chandler <alan () chandlerfamily ! org ! uk>
Date:       2001-06-12 20:15:22

On Monday 11 June 2001 8:45 am, Matthias Elter wrote:

> This is not a game. Anything more than a cease&desist letter from Apple
> will bring KDE in serious trouble.

Although you a right, the problem is that you cannot be absolutely sure
someone won't attempt to get nasty whatever we do.  We can be very cautious
and stop being innovative, or we can try and move ahead and push boundaries
and then risk upsetting someone.

> It is not in your to risk the work of hundreds of volunteers because you
> feel like it's time to stand up and raise your voice.

But most of this thread has been about the risks that KDE gets sued NOT about
the merits or otherwise of the work that Mosfet has done and whether or not
the risk is real.

I think we need to discuss more whether it is REALLY likely that Apple will
sue rather than discuss the outcome if they do.

--

  Alan                     - alan@chandlerfamilly.org.uk
http://www.chandler.u-net.com or http://www.chandler.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk