List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: kdm
From:       Oswald Buddenhagen <ossi () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-06-11 10:34:42

> Is there anywhere a little manual wich describes shortly how to set
> up kdm probalby?

the only "manual" i know of is currently the README in kdebase/kdm.

to clear it up a bit:
- kdm does NOT read any xdm-specific files any longer. all files are
  expected in ${kde_confdir}/kdm. you can force it to use xdm's
  X* scripts by specifying the correct paths in kdm/kdmrc.
  xdm-config/kdm-config was absorbed into kdmrc.
- the kcontrol module is currently out of date and does not change
  anything for real (it operates on the old ${kde_confdir}/kdmrc).
  give me a few days to handle it.

best regards

Nothing is fool-proof to a sufficiently talented fool.