List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KWin serious problems with VMWare
From:       Hetz Ben Hamo <hetz-home () cobol2java ! com>
Date:       2001-06-04 22:28:58

HI Stefan,

On Tuesday 05 June 2001 20:36, Stefan Hellwig wrote:
> Hi!
>
> On Tuesday 05 June 2001 10:35, Hetz Ben Hamo wrote:
> > VMWare got tools and on of the features is that if you move the cursor
> > outside the VM window - then the mouse is "returned" to X windows and you
> > can click on other windows or focus on other windows - as usual..
>
> Are you still able to press the CTRL+ALT+ESC (default) key sequence in
> VMware to release the cursor? Then this would help you at least a little
> bit, although it's not as convenient. What version of VMware and KDE (CVS I
> assume) are you using?

There isn't a problem of moving the mouse out of the VMWare window - I can
move it freely between the X and the VM window - and it will change
accordingly (white in windows, black in X) - of course - the cursor change is
if the VM window is on focus (active).

> I also have some VMware (v 2.0.4) problems in fullscreen mode right now but
> that's related to my Kernel (2.4.2) and XFree (4.0.3) combination and has
> nothing to do with KDE...

No problem with full screen at all. It's just that when I'm moving the mouse
out of the VM window and click-to-focus on another Linux window (example -
konsole, xchat, etc...) - then I have to wait like around 6-10 seconds before
its getting focus..

Matthias - could you give a hand please? (I heard you're the kwin expert)

Hetz