List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Kicker improvements
From:       Christien Bunting <chris () linux ! co ! tt>
Date:       2001-06-04 10:55:34

On Monday 04 Jun 2001 01:19 am, John Firebaugh wrote:
> I'm about to commit some improvements to kicker, namely, more
> configurability of panel extensions. To do this I have created a common
> base class for the panel and panel extensions, which reduced a lot of code
> duplication and means that panel extensions now have all the features of
> the main panel -- auto-hide is the most requested of these. Right now there
> isn't any gui for this, but if you want to test it out, edit the
> appropriate config file (e.g. taskbarextensionrc) and restart kicker. The
> gui should probably consist either of another kcontrol module or another
> tab within the kicker control module. Suggestions here are welcome, as are
> any bug reports, praise, or constructive criticism.
>
> Known issues: Panels are sometimes raised above mac-style menubar. With
> multiple panels, sometimes the window-manager strut settings aren't perfect
> after moving them around.
>
> later,
> John

> >> unsubscribe <<

The Panel could still have an option to be positioned left , right or center
of the bottom seeing that it can be resized.

or of the top.

or top , center, or bottom of left and right sides.

Most of the panel goes out of the screen when positioned on the bottom right.

My last cvs pull was a week ago.
If this is posible now then :)

--
Christien Bunting

Bunting and Associates
The Linux Professionals in The Caribbean
http://linux.co.tt	chris@linux.co.tt

Kmail the Best Mail User Agent