List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Kicker improvements
From:       John Firebaugh <jfirebaugh () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-06-04 5:19:55

I'm about to commit some improvements to kicker, namely, more
configurability of panel extensions. To do this I have created a common
base class for the panel and panel extensions, which reduced a lot of code
duplication and means that panel extensions now have all the features of
the main panel -- auto-hide is the most requested of these. Right now there
isn't any gui for this, but if you want to test it out, edit the
appropriate config file (e.g. taskbarextensionrc) and restart kicker. The
gui should probably consist either of another kcontrol module or another
tab within the kicker control module. Suggestions here are welcome, as are
any bug reports, praise, or constructive criticism.

Known issues: Panels are sometimes raised above mac-style menubar. With
multiple panels, sometimes the window-manager strut settings aren't perfect
after moving them around.

later,
John