List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Intel Compiler Beta
From:       Dirk Mueller <mueller () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-05-31 9:34:55

On Die, 29 Mai 2001, Jonathan Belson wrote:

> Does gcc currently have precompiled headers?  I thought that was something
> that would appear with gcc 3.0

No. gcc 3.0 does not change much, except being a lot stricter in parsing.

> > it has, so I'm confused right now, but am not under linux.  Anyway if all
> > codegen options are turned on, icc can be quite slow, but the then
> Slower than gcc??  Boy, that's slow.

You didn't use highly-optimising compilers did you ? :) it is nothing
unusual that they hang for several hours on a relatively short part of code.

> This doesn't really suprise me since gcc doesn't produce particularly
> great code for Intel processors.

Its catching up. You should use gcc CVS before accusing them in such a
general way ;-)

Dirk