List:       kde-devel
Subject:    how to write a configure script
From:       "Mark W. Webb" <mark () dolphtech ! com>
Date:       2001-05-30 20:56:04

first of all, sorry if this is off topic.

I am writing a program that used the postgres lpq++ libraries, and I have my
program about ready to distribute.  How do I set up my configure script to
search for the postgres libraries?

Is there a site that shows me how to set all of these things up.  Like
setting up makefiles(Makefile, Makefile.in, Makefile.am), configure
scripts...etc ??

So far, most of what I have done has been done for me using Kdevelop, but it
would be a good thing to know how to modify these files by hand sometimes.