List:       kde-devel
Subject:    kControl - File associations
From:       Ferdinand Gassauer <gassauer () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-05-30 7:07:27

Hi!
The other day I asked why in koffice the "file save"  does not append the
extension (kwd to kword)  any more.
David answered, that the file is recognized by its mimetype.

Beside the fact that I'd like to have this bahaviour configurable (append
extension yes/no) to allow command line inputs like "l *.kwd"

the kcontrol "file association" as it is now becomes invalid (or not?) and
definitely needs explanation.
A kspread file saved as test.kwd is recognized as kword file.
Who will do this ? me, if I am dreaming !

--
cu
ferdinand