List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Some test cases khtml fails...
From:       Vadim Plessky <lucy-ples () mtu-net ! ru>
Date:       2001-05-29 15:21:27

On Tuesday 29 May 2001 13:33, Lars Knoll wrote:
|   On Tuesday 29 May 2001 15:05, Moritz Moeller-Herrmann wrote:
|   > This slashdot posts critisizes khtml and has quite a few test cases,
|   > where khtml fails:
|   >
|   > http://slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=01/05/28/2058232&cid=160
|
|   Yes, saw the comment. He is right, that these sites show some rendering
|   errors or unimplemented features in khtml. His tone is however very
| insulting to all of the khtml developers.
|
|   If you search a bit you can also find quite some testcases where mozilla
|   fails. Probably not as much as for khtml, but it took them 50 developers
| and 3 years to get there ;-)

Com'on, KHTML/Konqueror is better than Mozilla!
(Not speaking about MS IE, which is really crap)

|   > Worth checking out, if you want to report bugs.
|
|   I was planning on going through the CSS test suites once again before
| 2.2. I just have to find the time to do it.

When I was looking through CSS tests in March, there were problem with CSS2
constructions for tables. (I filed several bug reports IIRC)
From other side, none browser at a moment supports it :-)

But I believe KDE 2.1 release was very good, much better than Mozilla.
Going to try 2.2 Alpha2 after I finish with my KDE themes...

--

Vadim Plessky
http://kde2.newmail.ru  (English)