List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Intel Compiler Beta
From:       Michael Matz <matz () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-05-29 11:23:50

Hi,

On Tue, 29 May 2001, Guillaume Laurent wrote:
> > don't try yet icc and KDE.  I've opened some issues with intel, and as
> > soon as icc is able to produce shared C++ libs, KDE might become
> > compilable with it.  Just wait.
>
> Just for info, is icc any faster than g++ ? I mean both the
> compilation speed and the efficiency of the generated code.

I haven't done much comparing of gcc and icc on linux (on windows I
used it alot).  It seems, icc for linux doesn't have precompiled headers
(yet?), but I need to check again to be really sure, because for windows
it has, so I'm confused right now, but am not under linux.  Anyway if all
codegen options are turned on, icc can be quite slow, but the then
produced code is beyond all dreams.

Ciao,
Michael.