List:       kde-devel
Subject:    RE: UDDI REGISTRY IMPLEMENTATION
From:       Yves Arrouye <yves () realnames ! com>
Date:       2001-05-28 16:32:58

> from the scratch. I know the place www.uddi.org where specs are given.
> But it is rather too complex for a newbie in XML and other things.
> Do u know some place where I may find some "HOW-TO" (Tutorial) kind of
> stuffs or
> what prerequisits needed to start building the registry itself.

UDDI *is* complex. And building a registry requires a lot of resources. It
is definitely not an application for the XML newbie. If you are looking for
a nice XML project that will help you learn things that you can apply to
UDDI later, start by SOAP, UDDI's foundation (okay, they have cheated with
attributes). It may be fun to modify KDE's XML-RPC daemon to also support
SOAP, for example.

YA