List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: new startup notification code in cvs
From:       Jono Bacon <f9808590 () wlv ! ac ! uk>
Date:       2001-05-28 3:06:09

Hello,

I have a few comments on this interesting discussion:

 - First of all the argument between the taskbar notification and the mouse
notification. the mouse seems to be the center  point for the users focus on
the desktop (mind focus that is). It is natural that we should place
notification there. Many users dont notice in the taskbar...and what if the
taskbar is on autohide.

 - Secondly...I dont see the problem with an hourglass. I dont feel that an
icon is that helpful to the user...although I do believe that it can help.

I personally feel that a spinning gear (like in Konqi) would look the best. I
feel we need a form of animation to indicate that something is occuring. The
problem with the current soloution is that as it does not animate it feels a
bit slow.

Waldo made some valid points about animation in X being pretty bad. Anyone
able to give an indication when this may be resolved?

	Jono