List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Display as a plugin
From:       Tomasz Grobelny <grotk () poczta ! onet ! pl>
Date:       2001-05-26 13:47:43

On Friday 25 May 2001 22:49, Carsten Pfeiffer wrote:
> On Freitag, 25. Mai 2001 21:57 Tomasz Grobelny wrote:
> > I have a this book. But KParts operate on files and I'd like to do it
> > without them. If there is no other solution maybe...
>
> what do you mean with files? It operates with urls, not necessary files.
> What exactly do you have in mind?

I may be wrong but I thought that you have to write files on disk (or
somewhere else) and then display it using KPart. I need to send data from one
plugin to another plugin (display). And how files and urls differ apart from
that the URLs can point to somwhere in the Net and that they can specify
protocol?

> > > Otherwise, for simple plugins, you might have a look at KLibLoader in
> > > kdecore.
> >
> > What is a simpler plugin? Not a graphical one?
>
> For example, yes. KLibLoader is more lowlevel than KParts, it's just some
> helper classes to load libraries get a factory out of it (with which you
> can instantiate objects).

So is it possible to create graphical plugins using KLibLoader or not?

> Cheers,
> Carsten Pfeiffer

Tomasz Grobelny

--
26 maja - Dzien Matki. Wygraj kwiaty dla swojej Mamy!
Do rozdania 75 bukietow z dostawa i zyczeniami.