List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Display as a plugin
From:       Carsten Pfeiffer <carpdjih () cetus ! zrz ! tu-berlin ! de>
Date:       2001-05-25 20:49:06

On Freitag, 25. Mai 2001 21:57 Tomasz Grobelny wrote:

> I have a this book. But KParts operate on files and I'd like to do it
> without them. If there is no other solution maybe...

what do you mean with files? It operates with urls, not necessary files. What
exactly do you have in mind?

> > Otherwise, for simple plugins, you might have a look at KLibLoader in
> > kdecore.
>
> What is a simpler plugin? Not a graphical one?

For example, yes. KLibLoader is more lowlevel than KParts, it's just some
helper classes to load libraries get a factory out of it (with which you can
instantiate objects).

Cheers,
Carsten Pfeiffer