List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: QT 3.0 and future KDR Road Map
From:       Lubos Lunak <l.lunak () sh ! cvut ! cz>
Date:       2001-05-23 18:50:35

Dne st 23. květen 2001 17:04 Marcos Dione napsal(a):
> On Wed, 23 May 2001, Christoph Cullmann wrote:
> > I don't like the idea of having say 2.3 for qt2 or qt3, would only bring
> > problems (with software written for kde 2.3 + qt 2 running not on 2.3 + 3
> > ....)
>
> 	and it's impossible to have both qt2 and qt3 in the same machine?
> I mean, libqt.2.3.0.so and ilbqt.3.0.0.so...

 It is possible to have both qt2 and qt3 installed. However, I'm afraid this
would at least break kdeinit, and most probably everything that dynamically
loads modules. How would Qt3 KWin load Qt2 based KWin style plugin ( or the
other way around ) ?
 I think switching to Qt3 completely would result in much less trouble than
trying to use both. Today, I tried to compile a rather small app I've written
using Qt2.3.0 on a machine where only Qt2.1.0 was available. I eventually
gave up, as I'd have to workaround too many things to make such a small app
compile there. And that was only Qt2 vs a bit older Qt2 !

> 	can't aplications be compiled against one or another, or what you
> want is to have only one version of qt? this would allow the changes be
> made softly... I guess.

 Lubos Lunak
--
 l.lunak@email.cz ; l.lunak@kde.org