List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: OT: PDF viewing...
From:       Ferdinand Gassauer <gassauer () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-05-23 16:46:09

On 23 05 2001 14:01, Martijn Klingens wrote:

> > > I don't think this is kghostview's fault. For most files the default
> > > magnification makes them readable. It's just that the "print to
> > > p[s|df]" produces files with a small fontsize.
> >
> > For some reasons (unknown to me), it seems the khtml widget changes the
> > fonts it uses when printing. It must be a khtml issue as doesn't deal
> > with font size in any way.
>
> KHTML scales a page down until it fits on the page, which is normally a
> good thing, but not if pages are really wide...

So I do not understand printing from kmail, regardless if I use HTML-preview
or not, the output is at about fontsize 7 -difficult to read.
Must be some other issue then.

BTW http://www.kde.org prints fine, while on http://www.oracle.com some chars
are cut off at the rigth side.
I use CUPS 1.1.7
It migth well be a problem of margins, I have to investigate if someone
thinks that this could be the reason. My left margin is about 1.4 cm. I print
on a HPLaserjet 4

--
cu
ferdinand