List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Another Font inconsistency (should really be fixed)
From:       Michael Goffioul <goffioul () imec ! be>
Date:       2001-05-18 12:20:24

I reported yesterday a font inconsistency between 2 KControl modules:
"LookNFeel"->"Fonts" and "File Browsing"->"File Manager". The same
problem exists between the Font module and the Desktop module (still
in LookNFeel section) concerning the desktop icon font. In the Font
module, you can specify any font size, and in the Desktop module you
can only select small/medium/large.

This problem is _really_ annoying. In my case I selected a 8pts size
for file manager. But when configuring Konqueror and for example only
changing my proxy settings, BOUM my font is set back to 12pts. Why?
Because the "small" font option corresponds to 10pts, so my 8pts
settings is not recognized and it defaults to medium == 12pts. And
when applying my proxy settings, it has the side effect to apply a
new font setting. Very bad.

I compiled CVS from yesterday. So sorry if it has already been fixed.

Bye.
Michael.