List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Fax application
From:       Michael Goffioul <goffioul () imec ! be>
Date:       2001-05-17 7:58:28

> Works !

Thanks for the feedback. Some comments though. This fax app is a simple wrapper
around 2 common fax systems. It was quickly written to provide basic support. The
intention is to develop a more complete fax application for all common operations:
send, create, receive, view and control fax jobs. This app will probably use a
kind of plugin system, and have an interface which may be similar to KMail (except
the folder tree). However, I won't do it myself, someone else will.

> Some suggestions/ideas/questions:
> - Configuration
> ** should be possible from kcontrol
> ** Configuration for Hylafax (System) and "Fax" do not fit together and
> should be reversed - first choose the system, second the options (FAX) of the
> system. IMHO I cant specify a modemport for hylafax.

As you can't specify a server for EFax. There's no real order in the config
dialog, just a set of sections.

> ** default Color/Gray should be configurable here too

You can fax in color ?!? Maybe I missed something.

> - The job remains in state "processing" in kcontrol - printing system. (now
> some 15 minutes after job completiion

What do you mean? What the fax has to do with KControl->Print system?

> - The toolbar here is too large - the "Log" icon is not visible, only
> accessible clicking the extension. should probably follow the general
> settings of icon sizes and text

What font size are you using for toolbars? I tried with Helvetica 7 and 8
without any problem, everything fits in the toolbar.

Bye.
Michael.