List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Fax application
From:       Ferdinand Gassauer <gassauer () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-05-17 7:15:15

On 16 05 2001 10:26, Michael Goffioul wrote:
> > I have hylafax installed, so I can test it
>
> I committed it to kdebase/kdeprint/kdeprintfax. Could you test it and tell
> me your impressions. Thanks.
>
> Bye.
> Michael.
Works !

Some suggestions/ideas/questions:
- Configuration
** should be possible from kcontrol
** Configuration for Hylafax (System) and "Fax" do not fit together and
should be reversed - first choose the system, second the options (FAX) of the
system. IMHO I cant specify a modemport for hylafax.
** default Color/Gray should be configurable here too

- Option "no coversheet" (only for hylafax ?) missing

- The job remains in state "processing" in kcontrol - printing system. (now
some 15 minutes after job completiion

- The toolbar here is too large - the "Log" icon is not visible, only
accessible clicking the extension. should probably follow the general
settings of icon sizes and text

- I'd rather put the "send" option on the first  place (like kmail)

- images cause problems
Mime type: image/jpeg
Command: imagetops -gray -noturn %in > %out
file: Ungültige Option -- ğiĞ
Usage: file [-bcnvzL] [-f namefile] [-m magicfiles] file...

hope that helps
--
cu
ferdinand