List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: weird freeze
From:       Michael Ritzert <kde () ritzert ! de>
Date:       2001-05-14 7:01:54

On Mon, May 14, 2001 at 12:59:00AM +0300, Cristi Dumitrescu wrote:

> Same here, the machine was completely frozen. If you only compiled kdelibs
> that's most probably the cause... I guess people would be interested in when
> did you compile kdelibs...

This must have been shortly before Mai 12 12:43 (that's the creation date
of libkdecore.so in CEST). Compilation took some two hours, so I should
have kdelibs as of about 2001-05-12 08:00 GMT installed right now.
Unfortunately the last recompile before that was about one week earlier, so
I can't provide a close timeframe as to when this started.

My system is a Pentium Pro 200 on a Asus XP6-NP5 mainboard, 128MB (EDO-)RAM,
Adaptec 2940UW, Adaptec 1542CF, three IBM harddisks on the former one,
joined together by the LVM and using ReiserFS as the filesystem. The system
was very stable before Sunday.
BTW one of the hangs occured when using knode (recompiled saturday evening)
if that matters.

Regards,
Michael