List:       kde-devel
Subject:    FOUND IT !!!!!!!
From:       Pavel Troller <patrol () sinus ! cz>
Date:       2001-05-10 20:08:54

Hi!
  I think I found it !!! It works for me now !!! It doesn't segfault anymore!
  By continuous usage of breakpoints (about 3 hours of hard work) I've found that the
last correctly called function is xmlDocumentFunction(). After it, segfault occurs
soon.
  I compared this function against the original from gnome and found a Stephan's
patch here.
  I removed this patch (i.e. copied intact functions.c from gnome's libxslt to the
KDE's libxslt), recompiled, and basically, it WORKS! I saw the lightbulb ! For the
first time!
  I think Stephan's patch causes that some internal structures (especially hashed function
tables) are overwritten with a trash which then causes that the process faults.
It depends on the memory allocation if it really rewrites these vital data or something
else, which is not so important so it doesn't crash.
  So, Stephan, You're on the move. We found it. There are at least six of us. Please, act. :-)

                                          With regards, Pavel Troller