List:       kde-devel
Subject:    CALL for QA team (was about kde.com poll)
From:       Stephan Kulow <coolo () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-05-09 10:12:53

On Tuesday, 8. May 2001 19:14, Ferdinand Gassauer wrote:
> I ?strongly suggest "quality first". See all the 6000 open bug reports and
>  feature requests.
>  IMHO most user will be prepared to wait a little bit longer if they do not
>  have to use other programms to do things which KDE can't.

BTW: We urgently need at least three of four people cleaning up that mess for
us. I for one don't have the time to do the cleanup necessary. I try my best,
but I can't do it. People still report bugs to "kde", "kdelibs", "general",
"unknown" that are all meant for some other package.

Bugs have to be tried to reproduced with current CVS (khtml/konqueror come to
mind). Bugs have to be classified. I know quite some examples where I read by
Ferdinand that bug xxxx should be fixed and I could fix it within an hour,
even when not maintaining the code, but I wouldn't find such bugs on
bugs.kde.org. And I'm surely not the only developer having that problem.

Greetings, Stephan

--
People in cars cause accidents. Accidents in cars cause people.