List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: reading directories?
From:       Rob Kaper <cap () capsi ! com>
Date:       2001-04-30 13:12:58

On Mon, Apr 30, 2001 at 11:44:26AM +0200, Tjabo Kloppenburg wrote:
> I'm started coding KDE programs some weeks ago, and have some minor
> problems.  The first is the question of how to read the contents of a
> directory (linux, i386) in an application.

I'm not sure if it is desirable to use getdents() because that would be
Linux-centric C, so you might want to check out:

http://developer.kde.org/documentation/library/2.1-api/classref/kfile/index.html

It lists various KDE classes related to files and directories. There is
probably something in there you can use or at least examin and learn from
(examining code has always been of great help to me).

You might also want to dive into:

http://developer.kde.org/documentation/library/2.1-api/classref/kio/KIO__KDirLister.html

and other file related KIO classes.

Rob
--
Rob Kaper     | 'What? In riddles?' said Gandalf. 'No! For I was talking
cap@capsi.com | aloud to myself. A habit of the old: they choose the wisest