List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Are there any plans to create a CVS module for plugins ?
From:       Jonathan Singer <jsinger () genome ! wi ! mit ! edu>
Date:       2001-04-26 17:58:31

Not having write permission on kde-core-devel, I wanted to comment on this:

>Wednesday 18 April 2001 18:47, David Faure wrote:
>> > If we call it kdeextra or kdeplus it would be the right place for extra
>> > kioslave and such things.
>>
>> IIRC tackat wanted a module for wallpapers etc.
>> I guess it could be the same - although it would start resembling "Windows
>> Plus!" :} Well, that's a good reason for not calling it kdeplus ;)
>
>There's a lot of things that could go in here, plugins for konqueror, kate
>and noatun, extra wallpapers, extra themes, fonts (!!!! ????), the kioslaves
>not needed for normal use (napster and so on), extra screensavers (if
>somebody makes more that is), more sounds, and many more :)

I like this idea also. I've been hoping that a unified location for kicker
applets would be created, instead of the current situation where they're
scattered through kdebase, kdenetwork, kdetoys and kdenonbeta. In fact, all
of kdetoys could be moved to the new module, so there wouldn't be a net
increase in packages.

It might make sense, also, to put large files like wallpapers, icon sets,
splashscreens and sounds into an additional package, kdeartwork or
something like that.