List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Font Installer KControl Module
From:       Waldo Bastian <bastian () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-04-22 21:16:26

On Sunday 22 April 2001 12:26, Craig Drummond wrote:
> I'm planning on creating a KControl module for installing
> fonts(TrueType, Type1, Speedo, and Bitmap), and for
> configuring Ghostscript (and StarOffice) to use these.
>
> Previously I wrote a program called KFontinst to do this -
> and I plan to reuse the majority of the code from this -
> however, I've also started work on a completely new GUI
> for it (which would become the basis of the KControl module).
> This new GUI is based on some Adobe Type Manager screenshots
> that were emailed to me.
>
> Please have a look at http://www.cpdrummond.uklinux.net/kfontinst-new
> and let me know what you think of my idea.

Coolness, when you're done I'll add support for fonts to the theme manager!

Can you make it so that people have the option of installing fonts either
system-wide or for that user only? (I assume you need to install system wide
in order for ghostscript to find them... but maybe not)

Cheers,
Waldo
--
bastian@kde.org | SuSE Labs KDE Developer | bastian@suse.com