List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: wallpaper directory
From:       Stephan Kulow <coolo () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-04-22 20:52:15

On Sunday, 22. April 2001 20:42, Richard Bos wrote:
> Stephan,
>
> I'm more than astonished! :)  But how should I ever know this?  It's not in
> the KDE FAQ and where else should I go to find this info?
May the source be with you :)
This is most likely the best kept feature, used by packagers.

> Can this be done for themes (dir_theme=...) and sound (dir_sound=...) as
> well? Just out of curiousty; could the kderc file be located somewhere in
> the /etc/opt/kde as well (/etc/opt/kde/share/config is available on my
> system)?
There is /etc/kderc and $KDE/share/config/system.kdeglobals you can edit.
The names that are allowed behind dir_ you can find in kstddirs.h
* @li apps - Applications menu (.desktop files).
* @li cgi - CGIs to run from kdehelp.
* @li config - Configuration files.
* @li data - Where applications store data.
* @li exe - Executables in $prefix/bin.
* @li html - HTML documentation.
* @li icon - Icons, see @ref KIconLoader.
* @li lib - Libraries.
* @li locale - Translation files for @ref KLocale.
* @li mime - Mime types.
* @li module - Module (dynamically loaded library).
* @li services - Services.
* @li servicetypes - Service types.
* @li sound - Application sounds.
* @li templates - Templates
* @li wallpaper - Wallpapers.
* @li tmp - Temporary files (specfic for both current host and current user)
* @li socket - UNIX Sockets (specific for both current host and current user)

So, _sound works, for _theme you will have to use a relative path below
dir_apps I guess (actually I don't know where themes are read from, but they
are kwin specific anyway, no?)

Greetings, Stephan

--
People in cars cause accidents. Accidents in cars cause people.