List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: itouch 'internet keys' not useable for hot keys
From:       Matthias Hoelzer-Kluepfel <mhk () caldera ! de>
Date:       2001-04-17 14:44:39

Am Dienstag 17 April 2001 16:17 schrieb Achim Bohnet:
> Hi, I've send this out one week ago but could not find it in the
> archive so I resend it...
>

> Hi,
>  xfree 4.0.2 supports the Logitech itouch 'internet keys', like 'Standby',
>  'Start' etc now.  E.g., xev shows:
>
> KeyRelease event, serial 22, synthetic NO, window 0x2a00001,
>      root 0x32, subw 0x0, time 3386544562, (90,373), root:(94,393),
>      state 0x0, keycode 223 (keysym 0x1008ff10, XF86Standby), same_screen
> YES, XLookupString gives 0 characters:  ""
>
> But trying to use those key in kmenuedit for some desktop files
>  to run  'dcop foo bar baz' to trigger screensaver, naotun, kmix fails.
>  Selecting 'custom keys' and pressing any of the 'internet' keys gives
> always 'unknown' :( .   Missing kde/qt feature/bug?

Well, qt does not recognize these keys. What I do to workaround is to remap
them to F13-F31, with a xmodmap like this:

keycode 234 = F13
keycode 233 = F14
keycode 232 = F15
keycode 121 = F16
keycode 229 = F17
keycode 230 = F18
keycode 130 = F19
keycode 236 = F20
keycode 166 = F21
keycode 165 = F22
keycode 158 = F23
keycode 159 = F24
keycode 151 = F25
keycode 164 = F26
keycode 162 = F27
keycode 129 = F28
keycode 111 = F29
keycode 161 = F30
keycode 227 = F31

Note that this example is for the MS Internet Keyboard, so you might have to
adapt the keycodes to your. And I guess the right solution would be to teach
Qt to recognize these XF86xyz keycodes.

Bye,
Matthias.