List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: strange mysql path problem in kdelibs, current cvs
From:       Alessandro Praduroux <pradu () thekompany ! com>
Date:       2001-04-16 19:10:14

On Monday 16 April 2001 18:39, dep wrote:
> i don't know if this is of interest, but it might be. kdelibs cvs of
> about 90 minutes ago bombs on my machine due to lack of
> /usr/lib/mysql/mysqlclient.so. but at least some distros put it in,
> as on my machine, /usr/lib, not /usr/lib/mysql. (which leaves aside
> why it's looking for mysql anyway -- is mysql now a necessary package
> for kde?)

There is a problem with some distros (I know of SUSE) that put mysql
libraries in /usr/lib but developement files in /usr/lib/mysql. The configure
script finds a libmysqlclient.la in /usr/lib/mysql and tries to use that one
to link the plugin. IMHO this is a problem in the distro, try edit
libmysqlclient.la in /usr/lib/mysql and correct the path here (maybe not the
most correct solution, but it should work).

About this: Is there any configure guru that knows how to work around this
problem?

--
Pradu