List:       kde-devel
Subject:    How to implement. (Was: QListBox::clearSelection() problem)
From:       Andrey Novikov <scriber () web2000 ! ru>
Date:       2001-04-16 12:17:45

Hello,

PROBLEM:
I have the application with the following logic:
A ListBox with words and edit box. The user types letters
in edit box and the entered string is searched in list. If
anything matches it is highlighted, if not - the
highlighting is removed. At any time user can press enter
to acomplish some action with selected (highlighted) word
from the list. The problem is - I can not determine the
situation when he first found something and then typed
something wrong (the highlighting was removed) without
researching the hole list on returnPressed event, and it
takes considerable amount of time.

SOLUTION:
Solution is very very simple -  add your own bool flag to
application and set/unset/check it when needed.