List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Konqueror resolving domains
From:       Thiago Macieira <thiago.macieira () poli ! usp ! br>
Date:       2001-04-13 2:29:34

David Faure wrote:

>> I keep getting "Unknown host adforce.imgis.com" and "Unknown host
>> ad.doubleclick.net." Of course, I can ping both of these URL's, and Netscape
>> connects to them just fine.
[snip]

>> Was this intentional or what?
>
> I can only think that this is related to the KSocket changes. Anyone knowing
> KSocket could test this ? I tried ksocktest but it's a bit... strange :)

Definetely not intentional in KSocket's code. Not the resolver, at
least. However, it could be that those sites refuse SOCKS-proxied
connections, since all networking code via KSocket is using SOCKS, where
available.

Note, however, I don't believe this to be the case.
--
   Thiago Macieira - UFOT Registry number: 1001
  thiagom@mail.com talha@geocities.com

13/392. You broke your little ships. -- Lily Sloane, Star Trek: First
Contact