List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: OT: So, how was GUADEC 2 ?
From:       Stephan Kulow <coolo () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-04-10 7:52:22

Guillaume Laurent wrote:

> Do the KDE developpers who attended GUADEC plan to write something about how
> it went ?

Well, I don't have the time to write a long report, but:
We were four and a half KDE developer (Stefan is an arts-developer,
which is
only half a KDE developer as we figured now ;-). Among them Matthias
Ettrich,
Torsten Rahn, Ralf Nolden, Stefan and me. The GNOME developers welcomed
us quite
warmly, I had some very nice discussions and whenever I talked to two
GNOME
developers, there were more points they disagreed on than each of them
disagreed
on with me (really, no joke :)

The second day started with a keynote talk from Matthias and ended with
a party
sponsored by ximian, which was quite fun and actually I don't remember
too well,
how I came home.

The third and last day I was there started with a talk from RMS, which
gave me
an hour of undisturbed kpat playing. We had lunch (which cost a half
fortune,
so Matthias thought about buying all of it to sell it in Norway :) and
shortly
after that I've left, so there is nothing more I can tell. I have now a
more
concrete view on GNOME and their plans -- it will take some time for
them to
really catch up and I think they know.

Greetings, Stephan

--
People in cars cause accidents. Accidents in cars cause people.