List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Korganizer strange behavior
From:       Bart De Win <bart.dewin () cs ! kuleuven ! ac ! be>
Date:       2001-04-06 10:02:25

On Friday 06 April 2001 10:38, Cornelius Schumacher wrote:
> On Thursday 05 April 2001 13:56, Bart De Win wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I recently had a strange problem with korganizer (KDE2.1.1). Korganizer
> > stopped showing my appointments, todo's, ... although they were still
> > contained in the .vcs file. After tracking down the problem, it seems to
> > have problems with two entries in my .vcs file (see below).
> >
> > The only problem in my opinion is the long line in the description
> > entries. Besides that everything looks normal to me. I didn't look in the
> > sources yet, but has anyone ever experienced a similar problem ?
>
> How did you generate these files? The "
=" items should actually be at
> the end of the line. Then KOrganizer reads the file without problems. If
> they are at the beginning of the next line, it in fact depends on the
> length of the first line. That's strange behaviour, but shouldn't occur,
> when reading files generated with KOrganizer.

The appointments were generated using KOrganizer. The text of the description
was copied from somewhere into the description field of the appointment.
Unfortunately, I don't recall where it was copied from (possibly Netscape
Calendar, konqueror or an e-mail).  If I encounter the problem again, I'll
try to remember the exact source.

Thx,
Bart.

> > ==================================================================> >
> > BEGIN:VEVENT
> > DTSTART:20010404T010000Z
> > DTEND:20010404T020000Z
> > DCREATED:20010331T055634Z
> > UID:20010327-eddy-multimedia-20010403
> > SEQUENCE:0
> > LAST-MODIFIED:20010331T055634Z
> > X-ORGANIZER:MAILTO:bartd@sanguis.cs.kuleuven.ac.be
> > DESCRIPTION;QUOTED-PRINTABLE:Ik heb laatst een boek gelezen over het
> > ontwerp en implementatie van middleware met expliciet support voor
> > multimedia.
> >   Het boek stelt een verfijnd gedistribueerd programmeermodel
> >
> >   voor dat is toegespitst  op de ontwikkeling van multimedia
> >
> >   applicaties.
> >
> >   Verder behandelt het een raamwerk voor de ontwikkeling van
> >
> >   operating systems en Object Request met ondersteuning voor
> >
> >   Quality of Service management, typisch vereist door multimedia
> > applicaties.
> >   Tenslotte worden implementatie van een dergelijk OS en
> >
> >   ORB gebaseerd op microkernel technologie in detail besproken.
> >
> >   Sprekers: Eddy Truyen
> > SUMMARY:Open Distributed Processing And Multimedia
> > STATUS:CONFIRMED
> > CLASS:PUBLIC
> > PRIORITY:1
> > TRANSP:0
> > X-PILOTID:0
> > X-PILOTSTAT:1
> > END:VEVENT
> >
> > BEGIN:VEVENT
> > DTSTART:20010411T010000Z
> > DTEND:20010411T020000Z
> > DCREATED:20010331T055634Z
> > UID:20010327-eddy-multimedia-20010410
> > SEQUENCE:0
> > LAST-MODIFIED:20010331T055634Z
> > X-ORGANIZER:MAILTO:bartd@sanguis.cs.kuleuven.ac.be
> > DESCRIPTION;QUOTED-PRINTABLE:Ik heb laatst een boek gelezen over het
> > ontwerp en implementatie van middleware met expliciet support voor
> > multimedia.
> >   Het boek stelt een verfijnd gedistribueerd programmeermodel
> >
> >   voor dat is toegespitst  op de ontwikkeling van multimedia
> >
> >   applicaties.

ūGIN:VEVENT